- August 24, 2021
- Posted by: InApp
- Category: Web Application Development
The demand for web applications has increased in 2021. Moreover, businesses expect better user experience, user-friendliness, and advanced features from web applications.
To meet rising expectations and demands, developers have to be innovative to bring the best framework to the table. For most of them, Node.JS frameworks are the first choice for web application development. Approximately 80% of back-end and full-stack developers rated Node.JS as their go-to choice, says a Node.JS user survey report.
The popularity of the Node.JS frameworks has resulted in a large and active community of programmers. They’re introducing new frameworks frequently with varied features. From such a large pool, it can become difficult to select the best node framework for your web application development requirements. You’ll have to decide based on whether you need development freedom or support automation.
InApp has a lot of experience in working on Node.JS frameworks for web application development. Here we introduce you to some of the best Node frameworks available in the market in 2021. Let’s start with the basics.
What is Node.JS?
Why Node.JS is Special
Node.JS is popular among developers for the following reasons…
- Great for agile development and prototyping
- Builds highly scalable enterprises applications faster
- More consistent and cleaner codebase
- A vast ecosystem of open-source libraries
Benefits of Using Node.JS Frameworks
The benefits of Node.JS frameworks include…
- Low learning curve
- Easy scalability
- Large and active community
- Use of single codebase for enhancing web performance
One of the most popular frameworks, the Express.JS framework is flexible with a minimalistic approach. It’s an easy-to-use framework for coding architecture. However, you’ll need to have basic development skills to leverage them for web application development.
- Supports 14+ engine templates, HTTP methods
- Asynchronous programming results in high performance
- Faster server-side development
- Helps developers build eccentric apps
- Acts like a routing table
- Supports MVC Architecture
- It can be used to develop enterprise-grade and/or browser-based applications
- Works for all kinds of web app development and mobile apps
- Highly responsive to the alternatives of device-operating systems like Android, iOS, and desktop apps
- A large community
- Supports integrations with different frameworks
- Has cross-platform compatibility
- Full-stack solution
- Suitable for building cross-platform products
- Can be used for developing dynamic applications
Derby.JS is a full-stack, open-source framework. It is used for building real-time web development applications. It’s best used for creating APIs and collective apps.
Derby.JS allows users to build fast-loading, real-time web apps. It’s flexible and extensible, and it’s also compatible with almost all browsers and provides seamless data transfer between server and client.
- Real-time collaboration
- Server rendering
- Offers developers editing options
- Flawless synchronization between server and client in real-time
- Allows same code shared between client and server sides
- Gives the server the capacity to resolve conflicts automatically
- Collective apps
- Real-time custom apps
Koa.js helps developers build APIs easily by efficiently dealing with HTTP middleware through a stack-like technique. With this framework at hand, your business can successfully maintain different forms of content representations via the same URL such as owning different image formats, page translations, etc.
- It’s futuristic and promotes customization
- Error handling is extraordinary
- Cascading middleware offers personalized UXs
- Building applications from scratch is easy
- The framework can be used to create high-performing web apps
- It’s suitable for big projects and extensive app building
Famous among developers for accuracy and a faster development process, Socket.IO is used for producing real-time computing apps. It has a straightforward API. Some companies using Socket.IO are Alibaba Travels, Trello, Plaid, Patreon, and Justmop.
- Adds the real-time ability to apps
- Supports auto reconnection
- Encodes messages as named JSON or binary events
- Instant chat and messaging
- Excellent speed and reliability
- Event handling
- Error handling
- Logging and debugging
- Chat applications
Primarily based on Angular.JS, Nest.JS is a server-side app framework created for supporting developer productivity. Developers prefer it for building scalable and robust server-side apps. It works on the basic principles of functional programming and object-oriented programming, combined with Typescript integration. It’s used by ClearGlass, Quero, Content Square, SalesHandy, and OneFit.
- Modular architecture for better flexibility
- The built-in testing package makes it easier for developers
- External libraries for better customization
- Facilities to build microservices
- Scalable server-side web apps
- HTTP based REST APIS
LoopBack.JS is a full-stack Node.js framework. It provides the connecting link between client and server. It’s good for creating server-side APIs with a dynamic API explorer and an easy-to-use CLI. It’s used by IBM, GoDaddy Sapient, AN10, Chiper, etc.
- Compatible with a number of REST services and a variety of databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, etc.
- Allows building a server API that maps to another server
- Unbelievably extensible
- Graph QL support
- Runs perfectly on the cloud
- Organized code structure
- Excellent documentation
- Developer-friendly with excellent documentation
The use of Node.JS guarantees quick deployment and easy scalability. Also, it offers easy development for a minimum viable product (MVP).
Although we’ve focused on the top seven Node.JS frameworks in this blog, many others are available in the market. They can be used for varied purposes such as web application development, mobile application development, chatbots, APIs, and games.
For answers to your questions about what Node.JS framework suits your business needs, please contact us.
What is the Node.JS framework?
What is the best framework for Node.JS?
There’re many Node.JS frameworks available in the market. Your requirements will determine what’s best for you. InApp listed our top seven frameworks in this blog.
What are the benefits of Node.JS?
Some of the benefits of Node.JS include…
- High performance
- Easy to learn
- Active community
What is the best alternative for Node.JS?
Among many, alternatives include Python, PHP, Java, Scala, Haskell, Go, etc.