A framework is a set of assumptions, concepts & practices that support automation.
Types of Frameworks
- Test script Modularity Framework
- Test Library Architecture Framework
- Keyword driven Framework
- Data Driven Framework
- Hybrid Frameworks
Test Script Modularity Framework
- Test script modularity framework requires the creation of small independent scripts that represent modules section & functions of the AUT.
Library Architecture Framework
- It divides AUT into procedures & functions.
- Creation of Library files that represent Modules, functions, and sections of AUT.
- This framework requires the development of data tables and keywords, independent of the test automation tool used to execute them and the test script code that “drives” the application-under-test and the data.
- Keyword-driven tests look very similar to manual test cases. In a keyword-driven test, the functionality of the application-under-test is documented in a table as well as in step-by-step instructions for each test.
- Input & Output values are read from data files.