Unity is one of the best development platforms for creating multi platform 3D and 2D games. It is a game development ecosystem that allows you to create amazing games with very little effort. You can deploy it on multiple platforms such as the iOS, Android, Xbox 360, PlayStation3 and many other. Typically Unity 3D comes with a demo so you can play around with all the tools.
Features that make Unity 3D special:
- Multiplatform development with efficient performance optimization where you build the content once and deploy anywhere.
- A highly customizable solution with scripting in quick compilation time.
- Flexible editor with rich features allowing users to produce high-end content.
- A rich Asset store with thousands of ready to use free or for purchase assets that suit your needs.
Unity 3D has the Scene Window where you can actually create the game.The Hierarchy Window organizes all the different game objects that are within your scene. The Project Window has all of the assets available to you that you can drag and drop into your hierarchy. The Inspector Window is where you can manage the components and properties of those game objects. All these features combined together makes gaming with Unity 3D a seemingly effortless experience.
Some of the outstanding benefits of Unity 3D gaming engine are as follows:
- The engine is supported by a large community, as a result, you will be able to find help with any type of scenario.
- The community version in itself has more features than what is required by the developers and designers.
- Unity 3D can be developed on Windows or a Macintosh and released on multiple platforms.
- Unity Pro is available for free so you can try it out before investing time and money into it.
- Unity comes with a C# compiler which lets you do scripting/programming of your game.
The Games & Infotainment team at InApp have developed ‘Pooooy’ and ‘AeroBike’ 3D games using Unity 3D. Again, it is the ease of using the Unity 3D platform that has enabled our engineers to create such interactive games that take our gaming abilities to a high.
You can find these interactive games at the Google PlayStore.
To learn Unity 5 refer the tutorial.