- August 11, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Cloud Computing
The entire process of Cloud migration may be split into 4 stages namely; Assessment, Planning, Migration & Validation. One might have a lot of questions or doubts about the Cloud or the migration journey. Here are the top 44 questions you should ask yourself in the Cloud Journey :
- Is cloud right for your application (Application Migration Assessment)
- What are your capacity demands?
- How to find out the best cloud model for you?
- What are the actual ‘Actual Costs’?
- Analyzing your internal processes and evaluating business needs before migration?
- How much important is knowing your cloud provider?
- How to prepare for a cloud migration?
- What about cost Consideration?
- Technical considerations for migrating to the cloud?
- Where are the “gaps” and are they still gaps after migration?
- What’s the fit for your existing tools?
- What is your overview of different cloud providers?
- What are your migration strategy and a plan?
- What are the candidate apps/workloads/environments?
- What are your considerations for choosing a cloud provider?
- What’s the topology of the application architecture?
- How to avoid cloud migration risks and hurdles?
- What are the possible performance bottlenecks being introduced?
- What are the hybrid integration plans?
- Have you identified the first adopters?
- What are the Do’s and Don’ts in cloud migration?
- Explore the cloud tools to help the migration process?
- How will users access the environment?
- How will you train staff?
- What internal processes have to change in order to capitalize on the new service?
- How will you deploy updated code, data, and configurations to the environment?
- What’s the plan for operating this service after migration?
- Do you have a strategy for cutover?
- What are the things to keep in mind when you test run your migration?
- How will financial processing occur?
- Have you completed a small scale pilot that flexes all the above concerns?
- How are you distributing the apps and data to the cloud environment?
- What are the security controls in place during transit?
- What are the Cloud to Cloud migration and challenges?
- How do you migrate virtual machines?
- How do you migrate data?
- How do you migrate applications?
- Is the application reachable?
- Did all the data make its way into the environment?
- Can administrative tools access the cloud environment?
- Is the application stable?
- Will scalability affect the core architecture of the application?
- Do you have a business continuity or backup plan?
If you have answers for all these, your migration should be smooth as cheese!